Goods and Service Tax (GST) is known as the Indian Government-regulated indirect form of revenue generation on the supply of goods and services. GST is effective from 01st July, 2017. GST allows companies and enterprises around the nation to improve enforcement levels. Using the GST Common portal, companies may appoint employees as registered signatories, enabling them to sign and file tax returns on the company's behalf online.
How DSC is used for GST return?
The GST Common Portal acts As a medium to enable taxpayers to meet GST pre-requisites such as filing tax returns and paying taxes. GST enrollment involves testing current taxpayer data and entering details in essential fields. The mechanism remains the same if the taxpayer falls under the purview of the tax laws of the Centre, State, or Union Territory.
Using the Digital Signature Certificate
(DSC), registered people on the Authorized Person tab of the GST Common Portal for a business entity can sign and file GSTR on behalf of that entity.
Digital Signature Requirements For GST Return
All the applications, GST returns, GST registration application, reply to notices or any other document requires a digital signature as per the Information Technology Act 2000. The applicant needs to attach a digital signature certificate or e-signature to file GST.
The list of persons authorized to sign or verify a GST document is as below:
Proprietorship and Individuals
In the case of Proprietorship Individuals can be used by themselves, or if he/she is unable to attend the meeting, any other person competent to act on his behalf or by his guardian.
Hindu Undivided Family (HUF)
In the case of a Karta if he/she is not physically present in India or by any other means could not be present it can be used by any other adult member of such family or by the authorized signatory of such Karta.
Private Limited Company, One Person Company or Other Types of Company
The chief executive officer Managing Director, or authorized signatory nominated by the Board of Directors can use DSC for GST return for a private limited company or a one-person company.
Limited Liability Partnership
In the case of the Partnership Firm, a Partner or authorized signatory nominated by the Partnership Firm, who is not a minor, by the chief executive officer or Designated Partner or authorized signatory.
An officer authorized on this behalf can file using DSC for GST return, in case of the Government or any Governmental agency or local authority.
The trustee or any trustee or authorized signatory, in the case of a trust.
The process to Get Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) for GST Return
- Step 1: Visit the edigitalsignature.org Website
- Step 2: Select the option 'Class 2' according to your requirement.
- Step 3: Then fill in the required details for a digital signature certificate application form.
- Step 4: Make the online payment for your online DSC application form.
- Step 5: One of the DSC registration experts will process your DSC Application for GST return.
- Step 6: Within 1-2 hours, you will receive your DSC certificate at your registered e-mail address.
Apply now for Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) for GST Return
has made it easy for any person, individual, or organization to get a Class 2 Digital Signature Certificate now. We are continuously working on making the process easy and reliable for the users. You can also apply for different types of DSC classes based on your entity. We provide services for Class 2 DSC, Class 3 DSC, DGFT and USB token for DSC.
So hurry up and apply for DSC according to your requirement at edigitalsignature.org.
You just have to fill out the form and leave the rest in our hands. You can also visit our FAQ page or ask your doubt in the
Benefits of DSC for GST Return
1) Digital Signature Certificates offer an extra level of security for online transactions, ensuring that your data remains safe and confidential. By using a digital signature, you can rest assured that your information will remain private and secure. With a digital signature, you can be sure that your documents will be tamper-proof and safe from unauthorized access.
2) A digital signature certificate is an online security measure that helps to authenticate the identity of the website owner and provides ownership of the domain. It is used to create a secure connection between the website and the visitor's browser and encrypts information exchanged between them. This allows for a more secure experience for the user, as well as helps to ensure that the website is legitimate. A digital signature certificate can give website visitors confidence that their personal information will be safe when exchanging it with the website.
3) Digital signatures offer a significantly higher level of protection against foreign activities and fraud, making them an essential tool for businesses and individuals alike. They are difficult to forge, and they can provide assurance that the signer is who they say they are. Unlike a regular signature, digital signatures are unique to each signer and can't be duplicated. This makes them an essential tool for preventing fraud and protecting your online identity.
4) A digital signature certificate (DSC) is an online security measure that allows businesses to reduce the amount of time and paperwork needed for tax-related procedures, as well as avoid paying taxes altogether. It also allows businesses to verify their tax information and prevent fraud.
A digital signature certificate (DSC) is used to file GST electronically and is a substitute for the handwritten signature. A digital signature certificate (DSC) is an encrypted and secure way of verifying the identity of the certificate holder. DSCs are issued by a Certifying Authority (CA) and can be in the form of a smart card, a USB token, or a software token. We hope that this article provided clear and concise information related to the Digital Signature Certificate for GST Return.